- Carbs In Carbs: Pasta in a bread bowl. That is all.
- Astrologer Eric Francis explains why the news media freak-out regarding Swine Flu feels so weird.
- Mark Taylor makes a big hippie wish in the NYTimes for the end of the university as we know it. Which I think you can do once you have tenure.
- Maud Newton’s reading series at Housing Works this Friday, May 1, takes up unusual manifestations of female power, with writers Marlon James and Marie Mockett, and photographer Stephanie Keith. There will be quizzes and prizes. Go!
- Harold Augenbraum and Luis Francia discuss two greats of Phillipino literature tonight at the Asian American Writer’s Workshop, Jose Rizal and Jose Garcia Villa. There will be wine. Also go!
- Oil and gas companies led a campaign against the idea of global warming even though their scientists said it “could not be refuted.”
- Gawker now stalking Bill O’Reilly’s stalker producer.
- Detainee torture provided us with false information creating false terror alerts in 2005.
- If you are home with Swine Flu, blame Karl Rove.
- And if it’s all just too much, put down that bread bowl of pasta and your government-issue Tamiflu, and get up and dance. To some choice Lady Gaga.
Domino’s new coat hanger special!
When I went to a Chinese place in Grand Forks 15 years ago, I was brought rice along with my order of chow fun and considered asking the (Caucasian)waiter if he would serve mashed potatoes with spaghetti.
The latter half of this post gave me crabs. just FYI.